Microsoft is delighted to team up with AI Ireland – awarded top 10 AI podcast, to bring you a series of discussions from business owners, academics and thought leaders on how they are innovating using AI.
In episode 1 we are joined by Pat O’ Connor MD and Co-Founder of VRAI, Bibhas Bhattacharya Business Group Leader of Azure in Microsoft Ireland and Podcast host Mark Kelly Founder of AI Ireland and CCO of Alldus.
Topics covered in the podcast:
- How VRAI started.
- What business problems are they addressing through data and VR Simulation to provide authentic and memorable training experiences for employees.
- How important is Security and Trust while choosing a Hyper-Scale cloud partner (Microsoft – Azure).
- Why a Build vs Buy decision is so important for start-ups to consider.
- How Microsoft for Start-ups has helped VRAI through this journey.
On the final episode of our two-part series we are joined by Dr. Brian McNamee UCD School of Computer Science, Niall Campion Co-Founder of VRAI and Kelvin Keane Startup & Partner Manager Ireland & Benelux.
- How VRAI are using technology as an enabler for their customer’s success.
- The partnership with Academia and Industry to provide an innovative service.
- The benefits from working with Microsoft for Start-ups and how to reach out.
All companies who are interested in joining the program please contact Kelvin Keane on email@example.com and also visit AI Business School at Microsoft for more information.
In Episode 3 we are joined by Elaine Robinson Analytics Manager at the ESB, and Kieran McCorry National Technology Officer at Microsoft Ireland.
In today’s discussion, we will hear how AI and cloud technology are being used to help with the rollout of National Smart meters across Ireland by ESB Networks.
- Elaine providing an overview of the goals and objectives of the ESB Networks smart metering programme
- How ESB Networks has used AI technology and Azure Cloud Platform as an enabler to increase the rollout success of Smart Metering
- The benefits of smart meters for customers, ESB Networks and the broader Climate Action Plan
- The Future of the Smart Grid
- Kieran McCorry on the benefits of AI applications
- The importance of responsible and ethical approaches to AI and the stance Microsoft takes
In Episode 4 we are joined by Edmond Harty Professor at UCD and up until recently CEO of Dairymaster and Brian Mullan Principal Data Scientist and Analytics Manager at Microsoft Ireland.
In today’s discussion, we will hear how AI and cloud technology are being used as an enabler within the Agriculture sector to provide improved customer service and sustainability.
- Overview of Terrain-AI a Microsoft and SFI co-funded €5m climate change project in partnership with Maynooth University
- The journey to utilizing technology as an enabler within the agriculture industry
- Recent Agritech case studies on the island of Ireland
- The Future of the Agritech Sector